It is an unforgettable experience to own and rides a motorcycle. It is hard to find a better experience. A motorcycle enthusiast will find riding a motorcycle even more enjoyable than driving their favorite model car. Although a motorbike can be a wonderful thing, it is important to take care of your bike to last as long as you expect.
How can you ensure your motorbike lasts longer and works at its best?
Regularly check & replace engine oil.
This is the best way to ensure your motorbike lasts a long time. It can even be as crucial as getting anonymous car insurance or choosing a comprehensive policy that protects your motorcycle.
- Before and after any long ride, check the engine oil level and quality.
- Every 2000 miles, change the oil.
- Motorcycles with longer oil replacement periods may have an engine oil schedule that is more flexible. However, it can prolong the engine’s life and increase engine performance.
- Use the recommended engine oil grade.
- Oil consumption rises in summer and decreases in winter.
Properly brake the motorcycle.
It is important to brake on your motorcycle properly. While replacing your engine oil is an essential step in increasing your motorcycle’s life expectancy, it is not the only thing you should do. For the first 300 miles of your motorcycle’s lifespan, you will need to follow certain guidelines the manufacturer sets. These rules will prevent engine damage. You could endanger your motorcycle by not following these rules.
Lube and Check the Chain Regularly
This is another important step in prolonging the life of your motorcycle. This can improve your motorcycle’s ride quality, even though it seems simple.
- You must ensure that your chain has adequate slack.
- Excessive tension can cause problems with the gearbox bearings or the wheels.
- To ensure better oil absorption, lubricate your chain after each ride.
- Before applying lubricant, the chain should be cleaned.
Lubrication is not only for the engine. You should inspect the following components at least once per year and lubricate them.
- Suspension linkages
- Steering-head bearings
- Bearings for wheels
You should also check your fork oil regularly and change it as needed. This will keep your motorbike in top condition and help prevent wear.
Replace or Clean the Air Filter Frequently
Your motorcycle’s engine will run efficiently if the air filter is clean. A clogged filter can cause engine damage if it is left unattended. A clogged filter can prevent the proper mixture of fuel, air, and oil from being formed.
For the frequency of cleaning and replacing your air filters, consult your owner’s manual. You should clean your air filter after returning from a dusty or muddy road ride.
You can also check the brake pads and maintain proper tire pressure to prolong the life of your motorbike.
Superbikes are built for extreme performance and can be revved up to their limit, but it is not recommended that you do this often. Properly using your motorcycle is one of the best ways to extend its life. These are some tips to help you keep your motorbike in good condition.
- Avoid abrupt and forceful accelerations
- Avoid sudden braking
- Your motorcycle should not exceed the speed limit at all times
- Overspeeding can lead to engine damage and overheating.
Even if your superbike is the best, you must remember that conditions on normal roads differ from those in MotoGP. After a few races, professional racing bikes are checked and repaired. This is impossible in real life. These tips will help you prolong the life of your motorbike.